With all the marketing trends relating to mobile devices, it’s no wonder you’re wondering what mobile marketing is. With billions of people owning a smartphone. Businesses need to have a mobile presence if they want to be competitive in the modern world.
The question is what can be done? In this blog post we will explore what mobile marketing is, how it works and how to implement a successful mobile marketing strategy.
Table of contents
What Is Mobile Marketing?
The term mobile marketing refers to marketing techniques and strategies aimed specifically at mobile phone users.
Still don’t know what it is? Here are some examples of what mobile marketing is. It can include marketing strategies through push up notifications, social media or mobile advertising. This new method is what differentiates it from the traditional methods that have been around for decades.
Why Use Mobile Marketing For Your Business?
Now that we know what it is, let’s look at some of the reasons why businesses should consider using mobile marketing.
Firstly, it’s a great way to reach customers who are already interested in your product or service. Since people spend a lot of time on their mobile devices, it is a prime place for them to interact with what you want to offer them.
It is therefore one of the best and fastest ways to reach the user. You will be able to have a direct communication channel with them anywhere and at any time of the day, thus improving communication and interaction.
Secondly, in most cases it is a cheaper way than traditional marketing tools, such as print and TV ads.
On top of all this, with mobile marketing you have the possibility to hyper-segment your target audience with data such as location or appbehaviour. This allows companies to be extremely precise in what they target, and results in a higher conversion rate.
This level of precision would be impossible with traditional marketing methods, such as TV or print ads.
Some Applications Of Mobile Marketing
We already know what mobile marketing is and what the advantages of using it are, but how is mobile marketing applied?
- Push notifications. These are alerts that are sent directly to your target audience’s phone with information about what you want them to see or click on. They can be very specific and result in a high click-through rate.
- Mobile video marketing. This is what happens when you wear video content with mobile marketing. It’s a great way to connect with your audience as they go about their day to day lives and there are many techniques to make it successful.
- Appvertising. App advertising can be very effective due to the large amount of time people spend using apps. It is important to remember this when it comes to in-app advertising, as it is believed that in-app advertising is set to grow more and more each year.
- Mobile advertising. Make sure your advertising is mobile first or at least responsive. This way, you will gain the attention of the user who accesses your site via your smartphone.
- Social media marketing. Social media is a great way to connect with your target audience and this also applies to mobile devices. Have you considered developing a social video strategy?
- M-commerce. This is the term used for mobile commerce, or the buying and selling of products and services via a mobile device. Nowadays, you should keep a close eye on mobile commerce if you have an e-commerce business, as the majority of transactions are initiated from a smartphone.
The Importance Of Mobile Marketing
It’s no secret that mobile devices are the future of marketing. As the world becomes increasingly connected, marketing must follow suit.
Mobile devices and the advantages they offer are the future of marketing and it is essential for any business to implement these new strategies as soon as possible.
There are many techniques that can be used in mobile marketing with varying degrees of complexity; all are effective in reaching your customers on their mobile devices.
Contact us today so we can advise you on how best to use these tools in your digital strategy!